Every summer, the Town of North Hempstead presents a variety of family-friendly events in local parks. This year, residents can look forward to BeachFeast, Kidstock and dozens of concerts by tribute bands and orchestras as well as family-friendly movie nights. These fun evenings are free. Be sure to bring a chair or blankets for the outdoor events.
Saturday, August 17 — From 12 to 5 p.m., enjoy a festival of food and spirits on the harbor at North Hempstead Beach Park. Parking fee: $10 cash or $7 with debit or credit card.
Saturday, September 14 — From 12 to 5 p.m., enjoy an open-air family festival featuring musical entertainment that kids and parents can enjoy together
Saturday Afternoons at the Beach
North Hempstead Beach Park · Performances begin at 1 p.m. · Parking fees apply.
- July 7 — Nitework Band — A popular variety band (rain date Saturday, July 13)
- July 14 — Simply Diamond — Neil Diamond tribute band (rain date Sunday, August 11)
- July 21 — South Bound — Country Music (rain date Saturday, July 27)
- July 28 — Kamellott — (rain date Saturday August 3)
- August 4 — The Uplifters — calypso and reggae (rain date Saturday, August 10)
Tuesday Night at Clark Botanic Garden
193 I U Willets Road, Albertson · Free concerts begin at 7 p.m.
- July 9 — Pseudossudio— Tribute to Phil Collins (rain date: Wednesday, July 10)
- July 16 — North Shore Pops Concert Band (rain date: Thursday, July 18)
- July 23 — Plaza Theatrical Productions Presents Cinderella (rain date: Thursday, July 25)
- July 30 — Folk Night in the Garden featuring David Sear and Gathering Time (rain date: Thursday, August 1)
- August 6 — Decadia (rain date: Thursday, August 8)
Monday Nights at Mary Jane Davies Green
Plandome Road (across from 220 Plandome Road) · Concerts on the Green begin at 7:30 pm. · Rain location: Manhasset Public Library
- July 8 — The Deedle Deedle Dees — Family night
- July 15 — Sound Chaser — Old standards and today’s biggest hits
- July 22 — New York Exceptions
- July 29 — Copperline — Tribute to James Taylor
- August 5 — County Line — Country
Manorhaven Beach Park
Manorhaven Blvd., Manorhaven · Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. · Free (parking fees may apply)
- July 12 — Face 2 Face — Tribute to Elton John and Billy Joel (rain date: Sunday, July 14)
- August 2 — The Atlantic Years — Aretha Franklin Tribute Show (rain date: Sunday, August 4)
A Taste of Woodstock
Michael J. Tully Park Stadium, 1801 Evergreen Ave., New Hyde Park · Event begins at 7 p.m.
July 20 — Featuring Chicken Head Rocks (tribute to Credence Clearwater Revival), 4Way Street (tribute to Crosby Stills, Nash and Young) and Wonderous Stores (tribute to The Who)
Clinton G. Martin Park
Marcus Avenue and New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park · Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. · Free
- July 19 — The Capris
- August 9 — 45 RPM
Cinema on the Bay
Sunset Park, Port Washington · Movies begin at 8:30 p.m.
- June 29 — Black Panther
- July 13 — Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
- August 3 — Ghostbusters (original)
- August 24 — Mary Poppins Returns
For the latest updated information, visit northhempsteadny.gov/summer.
- Nassau County Free Summer Concerts and International Nights
- Nassau County Family Movie Nights
- Town of Hempstead 2019 Summer Concert Series
- Town of Oyster Bay 2019 Summer Concert and Movie Series