Trahanas Hospitality Group today opened The Union, a restaurant offering modern American-cuisine alongside a tantalizing full sushi bar and a rotating selection of specialty seasonal items with Long Islanders filling the dining room to capacity.
“The Union is this year’s most exciting entry into the Long Island dining scene,” said Elias Trahanas, co-founder of Trahanas Hospitality Group. “Coupled with our banquet facility, The Lannin, and our members-only lounge, The General, we are providing a trio of experiences under one roof that will excite and attract a wide variety of diners from around the region.”
The Union replaces The Palm Court at the former Carltun on the Park in Eisenhower Park. The Union and its sister properties The Lannin and The General underwent a combined $7 million renovation over the last year.
The 100+ seat dining room at The Union was designed and decorated by Dallago and Associates. Walls punctuated with a vertical oval motif tie in to echo the interior design throughout the building, painted a deep olive color and complemented with gold brushed metal light fixtures. Oak wood topped tables and beige leather seating are complemented by white Mikasa China, elegant and modern silverware and glassware. A 20-seat bar topped in stone is also home to the Sushi Chef, who prepares a variety of selections to order.
Stepping outside the dining room, visitors can relax on the outdoor covered patio with a view of the Eisenhower Park Golf Course. A secondary dining room also overlooks the golf course, against a glass wall filled with select bottles of wine.
The exquisite menu was created by Executive Chef Tom Gloster, with showcase items from small plates and pizzas to salads, mains, and sides:
· Small plates include Korean BBQ wings, Wagyu Beef Meatballs, Blistered Shishito Peppers or Roasted Beets.
· Pizzas range from the Classic Margherita to the 329 Sunrise (with olives, tomato, spicy soppresata, feta and fresh oregano), and the Sunday Special (meatballs, tomato braised pork, mozzarella, and parsley).
· Salads range from the classic Caesar to a Chopped Greek or Wedge with the option to add chicken, shrimp, salmon, or steak.
· The main courses are a carnivore’s dream: Slow Smoked Ribs, Steak Sandwich, Double R Ranch Skirt Steak, Meatloaf, or Roast Chicken.
· Italian-lovers can choose from a rigatoni Bolognese or chicken parmigiana.
· Steak selections feature an 8 oz. Filet Mignon, 24 oz. Bone-In Ribeye, 38 oz. Porterhouse for Two, and the enormous 40 oz. Tomahawk for Two, a specialty of the house.
· The signature Union Burger is 10 oz. of beef topped with NY Cheddar, Onion Jam and Union Sauce on a brioche bun.
· Sides include whipped potatoes, steak fries, roasted mushroom and onions, creamed spinach, grilled asparagus, or broccoli rabe. A skillet mac and cheese can be elevated with lobster or truffle butter.
A full service bar will offer mixed drinks, beer, wine, and Japanese sake, plus an extensive scotch and bourbon menu. Wines are available by the glass and bottle, sourced from the North Fork of Long Island to California, France, Italy, South America, and Spain.
-Trahanas Hospitality Group