The sophisticated Grand Lux Cafe at Roosevelt Field Mall offers an expansive menu that can rival any of the best American diners. There is literally something on the menu to satisfy everyone, from the typical burgers, sandwiches and salads, to seafood, pasta, steak and ranging from mild to spicy or hinting at various pops of flavor and accents to please the senses.
Start off with something refreshing from the bar. Grand Lux offers a wide variety of beer, wine and cocktails, in addition to fresh juices, coffee offerings and non-alcoholic creations.
Try the Tequila Cucumber Cooler (Avion Silver Tequila, Fiorente elderflower liqueur, cucumber, with a nice garnish of lemon and fresh mint) or a Grand Lux Margarita (Azunia Organic Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Agave and fresh lime) with a nice salty rim. Or try one of the most popular choices on the cocktail menu, a Calypso Mojito (Bacardi Superior with pineapple, passion fruit and mango).
Give your appetite a little pre-game with one of the tasty appetizers from the main menu or from the new specialty menu. Some of the new appetizer offerings include:
- General Tso’s Cauliflower
Crispy cauliflower tossed with spicy soy-garlic sauce. This is tasty, crunchy and crispy with a flavorful sauce. It is easily an appetizer for two or three people.
- Korean Ribs
Try these baby back ribs with the cafe’s excellent sweet and spicy Korean barbecue sauce with a side of kimchi, a mouth-puckering spicy fermented cabbage. The ribs are tender and fall off the bone. You won’t want to share these and for that this dish is best for one, maybe two people.
As with the rest of the menu, the appetizers, salads and dinner dishes, you will find something for everyone on the full course listings like pot roast, fried chicken, pork chops and more. Some of the newer dishes added to the menu include:
- Spaghetti Limone
Freshly made spaghetti pasta with fresh lemon, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, a perfect ratio of light cream and a spattering of crispy breadcrumbs.
- Sweet-Hot Chili Shrimp
A Southeast Asian specialty, this combination about eight or 10 crispy shrimp and stir-fried onions, carrots and mushrooms is served over simple white rice. It is not overly spicy, but does have a mild, pleasant kick.
Other New menu items include:
- Spicy Ahi Tuna on crispy rice
- Ahi Tuna Poke bowl
- Citrus Crunch Salad with fresh orange, apricots, avocado, carrots and crisp greens with pepitas, Parmesan cheese, toasted breadcrumbs and a house vinaigrette
- Ahi Tuna, seared rare over mixed greens, potato, tomato, green beans, beets and Kalamata olives
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad sandwich
- Chargrilled burger covered with caramelized onions, bacon, melted cheese and pineapple slaw on a toasted bun with sriracha mayo and thousand island dressing
- Seared ahi tuna with sautéed bok choy, snap peas, mushrooms, onions and rice
- Rigatoni with Romano and Parmesan cheeses, arugula and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Rigatoni with Italian sausage, pancetta, Parmesan cheese and spicy vodka sauce
- Ricotta and spinach ravioli
Special desserts like the cafe’s famous New Orleans Beignets served with dipping sauces (rich chocolate, tart raspberry and Jack Daniel’s vanilla cream) are made fresh to order and need extra time for preparation. You will want to put your order in for some of the specialty desserts at the start of your meal. Two other popular dessert choices are the molten chocolate cake and the warm butter cake, each served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
There is ample parking immediately outside the restaurant and along the mall’s outer drive. The mall does offer valet parking service during peak hours.
Surprisingly, on a Wednesday night, reservations were highly recommended. The location, value and menu selection make this restaurant a popular choice for weeknight dining, as well as during the usual peak weekend dining. For as busy as the restaurant gets, the waitstaff is efficient and attentive.
Grand Lux Cafe is open every day for lunch and dinner. Also check out the lunch specials and the weekend brunch menu.
- Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Grand Lux Cafe is located at 630 Old Country Rd. in the Roosevelt Field Mall complex adjacent to JC Penney and AMC Roosevelt Field 8 movie theater. Nationally, Grand Lux Cafe is also located in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey and Texas.
Visit www.grandluxcafe.com to preview the menu and to make reservations. Take-out and delivery service is also available.