Once the chilly weather hits, the slow cooker makes its seasonal debut, warming the hearts and tummies of all who gather round to watch it brew. The beauty of a slow cooker is that you literally toss all of the ingredients in and forget about it for four hours (set on high) or eight hours (set on low).
With an unlimited amount of recipes for soups, stews and more at your disposal,
try this take on a sweet and spicy double meat chili this winter.
⅓ cup flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1½ lbs boneless beef short ribs
1½ lbs ground beef
¼ cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup beef broth
¾ cup red wine vinegar
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1. Put flour, salt and pepper in a bag and add ribs and shake to coat.
2. Brown ribs in butter in a large skillet. Add ground beef and brown. Put in slow cooker.
3. In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and stir frequently.
4. Pour over ribs, cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
5. Serve with cheese, sour cream, avocado or tortilla strips as garnish options.