Applications for the spring 2017 Hope For The Warriors Spouse/Caregiver Scholarship program are being accepted. Nationwide scholarships are awarded twice a year to spouses/caregivers of post-9/11 wounded or fallen service members.
Celebrating 10 years of service, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families.
The Spouse/Caregiver Scholarship program identifies, recognizes and rewards military spouses and caregivers for their strength, fidelity and resolve despite adversity. Scholarships aid in continued education at a reputable, accredited university, college or trade school for spouses/caregivers as they assume critical roles in the financial well-being of their families.
• Honorary Scholarship – Awarded to those seeking a graduate or post-graduate degree
• New Beginnings Scholarship – Awarded to those pursuing entry-level classes or training
• Restoring Family Scholarship – Awarded to spouses of the fallen
• Restoring Hope Scholarship – Awarded to an Master of Social Work (MSW) Student
• Restoring Self Scholarship – Awarded to those seeking any undergraduate degree
The application process for the spring 2017 scholarships will be open from Sept. 1 to Oct. 31, 2016. Scholarship winners will be notified mid-December 2016 and announced on www.hopeforthewarriors.org.
The scholarship program is part Hope For The Warriors’ Career Transition and Education pillar. Since 2008, Hope For The Warriors has granted 67 Military Spouse/Caregiver Scholarships totaling $284,760.
Visit www.hopeforthewarriors.org for more information.