Their team of vets and canine dietitians worked to adapt HelloFresh’s Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin recipe for pups, allowing you to prepare a small pet-friendly portion for your dog while cooking your own meal.
Dog lovers across the U.S. can order this recipe during the week of Aug. 24 and HelloFresh and Chewy fans will also have the opportunity to win a prize package featuring a HelloFresh box and Chewy’s brand new treat box.
Yields: 1 meatball with “noodles”
Serving size: 1 dog treat
Calories: 195 Calories/treat
¼ cup sweet potatoes
3 green beans
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. coconut oil, melted
1 oz. pork tenderloin
1 American Journey Lamb Biscuit
2 Tbsp. water
¼ tsp. honey
¼ tsp. turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Peel and dice the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes. Set aside ½ cup of the sweet potatoes. This will be the portion used for the dog treat. Put ¼ cup of the diced sweet potatoes on pan with parchment paper. Add ¼ teaspoon of olive oil. Toss and roast for 10 minutes.
3. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, pat the pork loin dry with a paper towel. Slice off one ounce. This will be the portion used for the dog treat. Heat ½ teaspoon of olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until fully cooked, or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Set aside.
4. Take three of the green beans from the HelloFresh kit and add to baking pan with the sweet potatoes. Toss green beans with ¼ teaspoon oil. Flip sweet potatoes and return baking pan to oven and roast until both veggies are tender, 10-15 more minutes. While the vegetables are roasting, finely chop the cooked pork and set aside.
5. Put the dog biscuit into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put the crushed biscuit on a plate.
6. Take the vegetables out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Once at room temperature, place the sweet potatoes into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the pork to the mashed sweet potatoes. Using your hands, mix the pork and sweet potatoes to create a meatball.
7. Carefully dip the meatball into the melted coconut oil and then coat with the crushed biscuit. Set aside.
8. Cut green beans in half and deseed, then slice again to create four quarters for each green bean.
9. For the broth, mix the water, honey and turmeric together in your dog’s bowl. Add the green bean “noodles” next and then top it off with the meatball. Plate your HelloFresh Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin for yourself, and then enjoy a special treat with your pup.
Editor’s Note: This treat was crafted so that it can be easily made the same exact time you’re making your HelloFresh meal. For baking the vegetables, use a separate baking pan for your dog so there is no salt or pepper added to his. Also, when pan-frying the pork, do your dog’s first and then yours.