If you’re looking for the perfect wine for winter, America’s bestselling Sauvignon Blanc brand Kim Crawford has you covered. Whether you need a universally loved hostess gift, delicious cocktail recipe or a refreshing wine to pair with your game day party or Valentine’s Day dinner, Kim Crawford’s Sauvignon Blanc is a go-to pick.
If you are looking for a lighter wine, Kim Crawford’s (low alcohol by volume, lower calorie) Illuminate Sauvignon Blanc is an ideal alternative. This elegantly flavorful wine has the perfect balance of crisp and flavor for cozy days ahead and is offered online on Drizly (readers can use code ILLUMINATE to save $5 on their first Drizly order).
If Sauvignon Blanc isn’t your thing, Kim Crawford also offers Rosé (in both Core and Illuminate blends) that can be enjoyed all year round.
Blanc Hot Chocolate
• 4 oz Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
• 3 Tbsp sweet ground white chocolate powder
• 3 oz hot water
• ¾ oz crème de cacao (white)
• Pinch white chocolate nibs
• 3-4 meringues
Pre-warm an 8-10 oz coffee mug. In a saucepan, combine white chocolate powder with hot water to make into a rich syrup. Add crème de cacao and Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. Stir until ingredients are hot. Pour into pre-warmed mug. Garnish with white chocolate nibs and meringues floated on top just before serving.
Winter White Sangria
• 1 bottle Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
• 1½ cups white cranberry juice
• 1 lime, thinly sliced
• 1 orange, thinly sliced
• 4 to 6 thyme sprigs, for garnish
• 1 can lemon flavored club soda
Add 1 bottle Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, 1½ cups white cranberry juice and one thinly sliced lime to a large pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into 4 to 6 wine glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a thyme sprig. Note: regular cranberry juice works perfectly if you can’t find white.
• 2 Tbsp loose chai tea
• 1 cup hot water
• ¼ cup Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
• 1 Tbsp sugar
• Star anise for garnish
Place chai in a tea bag or tea infuser. Steep tea in hot water for 10 minutes. Mix Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc with sugar. Combine tea and wine mixture. Garnish with star anise. Makes a single serving.
Sauvignon Blanc Shimmer
• 2.5 oz Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
• 1 oz SVEDKA Vanilla
• 1 tsp honey syrup (2:1 honey: water, mixed well)
• 1 dash Angostura bitters
• 2 tsp edible gold flake
Combine liquid ingredients and 1 tsp gold leaf with ice in a mixing glass. Stir with ice and strain over fresh ice (large cube preferable) in a rocks glass. Sprinkle remaining tsp of gold leaf decoratively over cocktail.
Sauvi B Ginger Spritzer
• 1 (2 inch) piece of freshly peeled, sliced ginger
• 2 mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
• 2 cups (16 ounces) Kim Crawford Illuminate Sauvignon Blanc
• Juice of 2 limes (about 2 ounces
or ¼ cup)
• 2 ounces simple syrup
• 1 can (12 ounces) club soda
Muddle the ginger and mint in a large cocktail shaker or jar. Add the Kim Crawford Illuminate Sauvignon Blanc, juice of 2 limes, and 2 ounces simple syrup and fill the shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until the cocktail shaker is cold, 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into 4 ice-filled wine glasses. Top each glass off with club soda and garnish with a sprig of mint. Makes 4 cocktails.
Kimmy C’s Cup
• 1 bottle Kim Crawford Illuminate Rosé
• Juice of 2 lemons (about ⅓ cup lemon juice)
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 8 large strawberries, thinly sliced
• 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
• 4 basil sprigs
• 4 mint sprigs
• 2 cups sparkling pink lemonade
In a large pitcher, combine the Kim Crawford Illuminate Rosé, lemon juice, strawberries, cucumber, basil and mint. Refrigerate for at least one hour but up to four hours. Stir in the sparkling pink lemonade right before serving. Pour into four to six ice-filled Collins glasses. Garnish with lots of pretty herbs and strawberry slices. Makes four to six cocktails.
—Kim Crawford Wines