Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi recommends serving the Blood Orange Bronco and Carolina Blue Julep cocktails to satisfy family and friends on both sides of the playing field. Available for an affordable $6.99 per bottle, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi is a budget-friendly way to elevate your buffet game.
Serve alongside Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Touchdown Bites, which incorporate spicy sausage and flavorful Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon, for a guaranteed culinary win. To keep your game day prep to a minimum, the Touchdown Bites can be made ahead, leaving extra time to cheer on your favorite team.
Yield: 1 large cocktail
3/4 cup (6 oz) Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Grigio
1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
1 oz Campari
1 oz simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water ratio)
1-1/2 oz soda water
Blood orange wheels, for garnish
1. Fill a large glass or mason jar with ice
2. Add in all of the measured ingredients, except for the soda water
3. Stir the ingredients with a bar spoon
4. Once incorporated, finish with a splash of soda water
5. Garnish with wheels of freshly sliced blood oranges
Yield: 1 Mint Julep
3 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato
3 tsp seltzer water
3 sprigs fresh mint
1/4 fresh blueberries (optional)
Extra large ice cubes
1. To make mint ice cubes, tear up about 8 mint leaves and freeze with water the night before.
2. Muddle six mint leaves, powdered sugar and seltzer water in a glass or cocktail shaker.
3. Add Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and shake or stir lightly to mix.
4. Add ice cubes to your serving glass, pour drink over the ice and garnish with the remaining mint.
*Entertaining Tip: For a Carolina Panther’s inspired cocktail, muddle a 1/4 cup of blueberries with your mint leave mix.
Yield: 30-40 sausage balls
For the Sausage Balls:
1 cup cornmeal
8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
1-pound ground spicy sausage (or mild if you prefer)
3 oz cream cheese
For the Cabernet Honey Mustard:
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
1 cup of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
2 fresh thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir cornmeal, flour, cheddar cheese, salt and thyme together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage and cream cheese with your hands.
4. Add sausage mixture to cornmeal mixture and combine the two. Your dough will be dry and crumbly, and somewhat difficult to combine. Form 1-ounce balls and place on baking sheet one inch apart.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
While the sausage balls are baking, make your Cabernet Honey Mustard.
1. Add all Cabernet Honey Mustard ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about half. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve in a bowl alongside sausage balls.
2. Enjoy sausage balls hot or at room temperature, serving with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon.
*Entertaining Tip: These sausage balls are great at room temperature, making them the perfect tailgating food. Let the balls cool completely, and then pack them between paper towels in a storage container to transport them to the game.