The Nassau County Police reported the details of an unusual incident that occurred at 3:54 a.m. on May 30, in Carle Place.
A Nassau County Ambulance Technician wearing a personal carbon monoxide detector entered the Dunkin Donuts located at 200 Glen Cove Road for a cup of coffee. The device alerted the technician to a high level of carbon monoxide being present on the premises, prompting him to escort the employees out of the building and to contact emergency personnel.
The Carle Place Fire Department responded and confirmed the high level of carbon monoxide as 35 parts per million. The investigation revealed the failure of a vent in one of the ovens as cause for the high level.
No injuries were reported.