As part of Women’s History Month, North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and Town Clerk Wayne Wink announced the honorees for the 24th Annual May W. Newburger Women’s Roll of Honor. This year’s breakfast will take place on Wednesday, March 29, from 8 to 10 a.m., at the Clubhouse at Harbor Links in Port Washington.
Event chairperson Wayne Wink said, “I am proud to honor these outstanding women for their indispensable service to North Hempstead. Each of these women reflects the best that our communities have to offer and we are proud to honor them for their work.”
“North Hempstead has no shortage of inspirational women who give so much of themselves to our communities,” said Supervisor Bosworth. “We are fortunate to call these honorees part of our North Hempstead family.”
Since 1994, North Hempstead has held the Women’s Roll of Honor breakfast to honor women who have made a contribution to their community, or have accomplished a significant achievement through public or private efforts.
North Hempstead resident Shirley Romaine will continue the tradition of reciting an inspirational message at the breakfast.
The event remains free of charge and seating will be available on a first come first serve basis.
The 2017 Honorees
- Barbara Berkowitz – Great Neck
- Krista Davy – Westbury
- Mariann Dalimonte – Port Washington
- Sham Quom Chin Gee – New Hyde Park
- Rita Hall – Great Neck
- Julie Harnick – Port Washington
- Ester Hakimian – Great Neck
- Elizabeth Krukowski – Roslyn
- Kathy Levinson – Port Washington
- Leila Mattson – Great Neck
- Nina McCann – Williston Park
- Rose Repke – East Williston
- Gloria Rosenau – Westbury
- Mindy Rosenfeld – Great Neck
- Taylor Sinett – Sands Point
- Madeline Yousefzadeh – Roslyn Harbor