After a long and snowy winter of sipping spiked ciders and mulled wine, it’s finally time to get outside for sangria and wine spritzers. With spring’s bounty being replenished with fresh fruits and vegetables, there’s no better time to celebrate Earth’s renewal than with a few cocktails.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi knows wine and they want you to lay back and relax this spring, taking care of your cocktail needs. Try these recipes at your next backyard gathering or dinner party or simply to celebrate the arrival of spring.
Sparking White Wine Sangria
1 bottle Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
1 medium lemon, seeds removed and cut into ⅛-inch wedges
3 medium summer peaches, pitted and cut into ¼-inch wedges
2 pints blackberries
2 cups sparkling water, chilled
1. In a large pitcher, combine wine, lemons, peaches and blackberries.
2. Refrigerate for an hour, overnight, or up to three days.
3. When ready to serve, stir in the sparkling water and enjoy.
Cranberry and Orange Easter Brunch Punch
Yields 8-10 servings
1 bottle Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup white cranberry juice
1 grapefruit, sliced thinly
1 orange, sliced thinly
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup club soda
1. Add wine and other ingredients except club soda to a large pitcher or punch bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
2. When ready to serve, fill cups with ice cubes and a couple of pieces of fruit.
3. Pour sangria over the ice, leaving ½-inch of space at the top.
4. Pour club soda over the sangria and stir to combine.