This Mother’s Day, start mom’s day off with a little something sweet. And nothing says good morning like a cinnamon roll French toast bake. Easy to make and easier to eat, get the kids involved in the kitchen and whip up a little something special for mom.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
2 tubes cinnamon roll dough, refrigerated, with icing
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ cup milk
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup maple syrup
Optional mix-ins like raisins, chocolate chips or nuts
Optional toppings like whipped cream or fruit
1. Cut and quarter the cinnamon rolls into chunks.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and spices. Set aside.
3. Pour the butter on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Spread the cinnamon roll chunks evenly over the butter. If desired, add in mix-ins.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the cinnamon rolls and drizzle maple syrup.
5. Bake at 375°F for 25 min or until golden brown.
6. Top with icing and, if desired, fruit and whipped cream. Enjoy!
—Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Fauci