Police Evacuate Carbon Monoxide-Filled Brentwood Home

0

On May 23, officers from the Suffolk Police Department were assisted by the Bay Shore Fire Department in the evacuation of five people fovercome by carbon monoxide fumes in a Brentwood home.

Police officers responded to a 911 call from 232 Brentwood Road. The caller, inside the house, reported five adults were having difficulty breathing and claimed they smelled something strange. When police arrived, they found five adults in the house reporting symptoms commonly caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. A generator was in operation inside the home.

The five residents and two officers were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore and Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip for treatment. All five residents were in serious condition.

Leave a Reply