Nassau Inter-County Express/NICE Bus will resume its regular service schedule effective Sunday, June 7. NICE Bus temporary reduced service beginning April 5.
The temporary schedule reflected decreased ridership levels while ensuring vital transportation continued for essential workers in healthcare, retail and other services. As Long Island begins to advance into additional reopening phases, NICE Bus will resume a regular service schedule.
The regular schedule will be available on the NICE Bus website at www.NICEBus.com as of June 7 along with real-time arrival information on the “NICE GoMobile” app, available for free download on iOS and Android phones.
As regular service resumes, NICE Bus remains vigilant in the health, safety, and wellbeing of riders and employees.
- Passengers two years of age and above are required to wear face masks or coverings, unless medically unable.
- Ongoing cleaning continues to include disinfecting all high-touch surfaces every 12 hours. These surfaces include poles, handrails, seats, benches, grab bars, and the driver’s cockpit area.
- At the Rosa Parks-Hempstead Transit Center, touchless dispensers of hand sanitizer are available and surfaces throughout the facility are cleaned multiple times a day.
- Social distancing is important. On all fixed-route buses, passengers use the rear doors to board and exit, the front sections are blocked by safety tape, and passengers are encouraged to allow several feet between each other. Passengers that use a mobility device or require the bus to kneel can use the front doors. If riders are ready to board and feel there is not adequate social distancing available upon their entry, they are encouraged to wait for the next bus to arrive.
- NICE Bus remains in constant contact with Nassau County and New York State to follow their guidelines in response to health alerts.