The Nassau County Police Department (NCPD) is currently seeking to hire part-time crossing guards throughout Nassau. In order to qualify, applicants must be residents of Nassau County.
Other qualifications include:
- Candidates must be able to direct pedestrian and vehicular traffic for the purpose of protecting children and other persons at or near a school crossing or other specified crossing
- Candidates must be able to understand English and speak English well enough to be understood. Must be able to give directions and maintain control of children.
- Candidates must provide their own transportation and attend to their assigned location for the entire crossing period.
- Candidates must be able to withstand inclement weather and meet minimum medical and physical requirements.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED.
The starting salary for this position is $25 per hour with no fringe benefits. This part-time position can require up to 17 hours per week.
Selected candidates will be required to pay a $76.25 fingerprint fee and will undergo a background investigation conducted by the NCPD.
All interested and qualified candidates can obtain an application at any NCPD precinct or download one at www.pdcn.org.