2 cups chopped ripe mango
2 cups chopped strawberries
⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
¼ cup Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi sauvignon blanc
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine mango, strawberries, onion, sauvignon blanc, cilantro and jalapeño. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with grilled chicken skewers or tortilla chips.
2. To make ahead: Prepare as above. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
For chicken skewers:
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Cut six skinless, boneless chicken breast halves lengthwise into strips, cutting each half into four or five strips.
2. Thread chicken strips accordion-style on skewers. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill skewers on the rack of covered grill directly over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to cook evenly.
Note: This also works nicely as a topper for grilled fish or pork.