Are you looking for a collaborative work environment, where you can exercise your strong writing skills and creativity?
Anton Media Group, which publishes 17 weekly community newspapers throughout Nassau County as well as special sections, glossy magazines and websites, is looking for a talented journalist to take the helm of our Mineola American and New Hyde Park Illustrated News editions.
The ideal candidate is ready and willing to write about a variety of topics from week to week: from the inner workings of local government, to school board decisions, to reviews of new restaurants opening in the area. While we work on a weekly deadline, candidates should be able to turn content around quickly and juggle multiple stories at a time. Flexibility and the ability to work well with a team are also key qualifications.
While the ideal candidate would already have an in-depth knowledge of the Mineola and New Hyde Park area, we are open to applicants from elsewhere in Nassau County who are quick learners and adept at building up connections. New grads with college writing experience are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• Writing and editing content for two weekly papers
• Covering important village/school board/community meetings
• Compiling events for a weekly community calendar
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in high pressure situations
• Independent self-starter who can also work well as part of a team
• Research and interviewing skills
• Knowledge of AP style/InDesign/InCopy a plus
Position is based in our Mineola office. Email résumé and writing samples to email@example.com, with the subject line: Mineola/NHP Position.