The Long Island Pet Expo returns for the ninth year at Suffolk Community College in Brentwood, on Saturday and Sunday, March 3 and 4, with new animal attraction and acts. Long Island’s own Family Pet Shows hosts the expo and it has something for animal lovers at every age. Kids and adults alike will love this show watching the incredible pet acts and visiting the many educational animal and wildlife exhibits.
The Long Island Pet Expo is designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets. Featuring many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, hands-on-petting zoo, pet adoptions and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets.
The Long Island Pet Expo is expected to draw thousands of attendees over the two-day event and pet owners can even bring their well-behaved leashed pets to the expo. More than 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand.
Ticket prices are $13 for adults; $6 for children 12 and under and kids 3 and under free. Adult attendees can purchase a weekend pass online for $20 purchased online and $9 for a weekend pass for kids 12 and under. Visit www.familypetshows.com for discount coupons or to purchase tickets online. Parking is free.
Among the activities will be:
- The Dog Lover’s Lure Course—a new event in which dogs test out their agility
- TICA Championship Cat Show—for cat lovers who want to see different breeds of cats up close.
- Rabbit Hopping and Guinea Pig Agility—talented rabbits and Guinea pigs demonstrate their agility. Allikatt’s Bunnies will present a seminar about getting involved in this sport as well.
- Gail Mirabella and The Dynamo Dogs Variety Act—performing dogs knock the socks off spectators with their acrobatics routines.
- Rainforest Reptile Show—an exciting adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world.
- Dancing With Your Dogs—Diana Frohman and her golden retrievers will dance the weekend away in this musical display of communication.
- Butterfly Experience—learn about the life cycle of butterflies while they flutter all around. A nominal fee of $2 for adults and $1 per child will be charged to enter the butterfly garden, featuring 200 live butterflies, including painted ladies and monarch.
- Long Island Parrot Society—learn about parrots of all kinds, how to care for them and if a pet parrot is right for you.
- Dog Agility—Doggie U K9 Academy will be doing dog agility demonstrations all weekend in the main show ring.
The pet expo is expected to bring more 12,000 of people throughout the weekend and features pet vendors offering many pet items and supplies for sale, lots of fun, unique and educational entertainment programs, and many pet professionals from right here on Long Island and from around the country. From alligators, parrots, ferrets, dogs and cats to local exotic wildlife found right here on Long Island—the pet expo has it all under one roof.
Attendees are allowed to bring their well-behaved pets to the expo. There are some regulations and restrictions—check www.familypetshows.com. Participate with your purebred dog in the Parade of Breeds taking place at the expo on Saturday, March 3 at 4 p.m. check out the website for information.
For more information about the Long Island Pet Expo go to www.FamilyPetShows.com or call 631-423-0620. There is also limited vendor space left. Any owned pets brought with their owners to the show, must fill out a waiver (online on the website or at the show), and their pets must be leashed, well behaved and up to date on vaccinations. Owned pets are allowed during all hours of the show.
For additional information, vendor space or how to become a sponsor, call at 631-423-0620 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.familypetshows.com.
Suffolk County Community College Health & Expo Center is located at 1001 Crooked Hill Road (Exit 53 off LIE. Wicks Road), Brentwood, NY 11717.