Entries for the competitive exhibits at the Long Island Fair are now being accepted.
Artisans, craft-makers, botanists, gardeners and overall Long Island Fair enthusiasts are invited to plan their entry for the Competitive Exhibits at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration, which takes place this year on Sept. 16, 17, 23 and 24.
The competitive exhibit schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 3 – Entry Form due for Scarecrow and Advanced Departments (must be mailed, no online entries for these categories)
- Sept. 6 – All paper entry forms due for all other departments
- Sept. 7 – Online Entry closes at 4 p.m.
As has been the custom each year, you’re invited to enter your handcrafts, original art work, needlework, produce, floral arrangements, models, and culinary delights and vie for the “best in class” prize. This year, each exhibitor will receive two free passes to visit the fair. You can earn additional free passes by referring friends to join into the competitions and by entering more than one item into certain categories.
The entry drop-off guidelines are as follows:
- Hobbies, Needlework, Juniors & Advanced entries can be brought in Saturday, Sept. 9, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. or Sunday, Sept. 10, from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables, Culinary & Junior and Advanced Culinary products can be brought in Thursday, Sept. 14, between 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Culinary delights may also be dropped off on Friday, Sept. 15, between 7 – 8 a.m.
- Rabbits and Guinea Pigs can be dropped off on Friday, Sept. 22, from 5 – 7 p.m.
- Horses can be dropped off on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 7 – 9 a.m.
For details and contest entry forms, visit www.lifair.org and click on Competitive Exhibits, call the Long Island Fair Office at 516-572-8404 to request a copy of the Competitive Exhibit Handbook, or check your local library for entry forms. Entries may also be submitted online!
As always, the fair is looking for volunteers to help with the entry intake process and many other important roles during the fair. If interested please call 516-572-8416 or fill out the volunteer application online at www.lifair.org/volunteer.