A bevy of local fighters will be in action when UFC visits Long Island for the first time for UFC Fight Night: Weidman versus Gastelum on Saturday, July 22, at NYCB Live, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Eleven athletes from New York and New Jersey, accounting for a total of 165 professional victories, will have the backing of the hometown crowd when they set foot in the UFC Octagon.
Headlining the event is Long Island’s own Chris Weidman, the former UFC middleweight champion who is ranked among the best in the 185-pound division. Other local fighters competing on the card include No. 10 featherweight Dennis Bermudez, No. 5 bantamweight Jimmie Rivera and No. 13 light heavyweight Gian Villante. In all, nine fighters from New York and two from New Jersey comprise the local talent competing in front of their hometown fans.
Following is a list of New York metropolitan area fighters who will compete at UFC Long Island:
New York Fighters
- No. 6 middleweight Chris Weidman (13-3, fighting out of Baldwin)
- No. 10 featherweight Dennis Bermudez (17-6, fighting out of Lindenhurst)
- No. 13 light heavyweight Gian Villante (15-7, fighting out of Bellmore)
- No. 13 welterweight Ryan LaFlare (13-1, fighting out of Farmingdale)
- Welterweight Lyman Good (19-3, fighting out of New York)
- Lightweight Chris Wade (11-3, fighting out of Islip)
- Bantamweight Brian Kelleher (17-7, fighting out of Selden)
- Featherweight Shane Burgos (9-0, fighting out of Monroe)
- Middleweight Rafael Natal (21-8, fighting out of New York)
New Jersey Fighters
- No. 5 bantamweight Jimmie Rivera (20-1, fighting out of Ramsey)
- Lightweight Frankie Perez (10-3, fighting out of Howell)
Tickets for UFC Fight Night are priced at $307, $182, $107, $82 and $57 (prices do not include applicable service charges and handling fees). Ticket sales are limited to eight per person. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
Visit www.ufc.com for the latest information on bouts for this event.