It all started with a homemade cheesecake from a newspaper recipe in the 1940s in Detroit. Evelyn Overton’s version was so delicious and sought after that it inspired her to move her baking equipment to her basement and sell cakes to local restaurants.
In the 1970s, she moved to Los Angeles. With the last of her money, she opened The Cheesecake Factory Bakery. It was her son, David, who opened a restaurant, in 1978 with the conviction that a great restaurant with an amazing dessert menu would be a huge success. He was right. The lines were out the door. And since then, the there is still a line out the door.
So which do you go for? The food? Or, the cheesecake?
Seriously though, how could you choose? Cheesecake Factory’s food menu is as comprehensive and satisfying as its variety of cheesecakes. I say, save room for both, or plan on a very large doggy bag.
The bustling nationwide restaurant has just rolled out its newest menu items, in time for the change in seasons and to reignite our taste buds.
Here’s a list of some of the amazing new menu item creations for the season:
Cocktails and beverages
Paradise Colada, Sangria Rosa, Strawberry Mule, and Espresso Martini or a non-alcoholic peach lemonade.
- Street Corn: fire roasted corn “ribs” with parmesan, chile-lime mayonnaise, and cilantro
- Asparagus Fries: fresh asparagus lightly coated with crispy parmesan breadcrumbs
- Spicy Tuna: ahi tuna on crispy sushi rice topped with ginger and green onion
- Ahi Poke Nachos: crispy wontons covered with Hawaiian-style ahi tuna poke topped with avocado, green onion, chiles, sesame seeds and sriracha aioli
Flatbreads and salads
- Cacio E Pepe Flatbread Pizza: Romano and parmesan cheese with freshly ground pepper
- Bee Sting Flatbread Pizza: Italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon, and Calabrian chiles with mozzarella, parmesan and honey
- California Chopped Salad: mixed greens, avocado, green beans, shrimp, tomato, egg, bacon, and vinaigrette
- Harvest Chicken Salad: grilled chicken with apples, grapes, almonds, chilled greens, quinoa, feta cheese, tossed with vinaigrette and drizzled with honey-yogurt
- Cacio E Pepe Pasta: spaghetti, Romano and parmesan cheese, arugula, and freshly ground pepper
- Cacio E Pepe Pasta with Chicken: grilled chicken, spaghetti, Romano and parmesan cheese, arugula, and freshly ground pepper
- Spicy Rigatoni Vodka Pasta: rigatoni pasta, Italian cherry tomatoes, parmesan, fresh basil, and pancetta topped with spicy vodka sauce
- Seared Ahi Tuna: served with ginger fried rice garnished with fresh bean sprouts, sesame, cilantro and sriracha aioli
- Lemon-Herb Parmesan Chicken: sautéed chicken breast with parmesan, tomato, basil, garlic, and white wine, served with fresh asparagus
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta: rigatoni with sautéed shrimp, fresh tomato, basil, garlic, and spicy tomato sauce
Try the new Bacon and Avocado Benedict: poached eggs with crisp bacon, avocado, tomato, and arugula, covered with Calabrian hollandaise sauce on a grilled English muffin.
New Cheesecake Flavor: Classic Basque Cheesecake, a super creamy cheesecake with a delicious “burnt top”, covered with fresh berries. Cheesecake Factory will donate a portion of the sales to Feeding America for every slice of Classic Basque Cheesecake sold through July 29, 2023.
The kids menu has a great variety too, ranging from the sliders, corndogs, pasta, macaroni, pizza, quesadilla, chicken and fish.
Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Weekend Brunch is on Saturdays and Sundays until 2 p.m.
The Cheesecake Factory is located at Samanea New York (formerly known as The Mall at The Source) at 1504 Old Country Rd. in Westbury. Additional locations on Long Island include the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington, Westfield South Shore Mall in Bay Shore and Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove.
Reservations are encouraged for dine-in service. A full menu is also available at the bar. Takeout and delivery are also available at the Westbury location.
Visit www.cheesecakefactory.com or call 516-222-5500 for more information.