This spring, Nassau BOCES will honor 13 people and organizations that have had a profound effect on public education in Nassau County. Celebrating its 10th year, the Nassau BOCES Education Partners Awards program pays tribute to outstanding community and business leaders, civil servants, nonprofit executives and volunteers, organizations, school board members, students, teachers and Nassau BOCES employees. During its 10-year history, the award program has honored more than 100 education partners. This year’s honorees will receive their awards at the awards gala on Wednesday, April 13.
“The honorees come from all walks of life and reflect the diversity that is Nassau BOCES. Their work encourages the development of lifelong learners and global citizens, which mirrors our goals as well,” said Nassau BOCES Assistant to the District Superintendent Dr. Robert Hanna.
Following are the 2016 Education Partner Awards honorees, by category:
- David S. Feller, superintendent, North Merrick UFSD
- Dr. John Gangemi, founder, Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation
- Dr. Phyllis S. Harrington, superintendent, Oceanside UFSD
- Charles Osgood, host, CBS Sunday Morning News and The Osgood Files
- Catherine S. Pucciarelli, chairperson, Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation
- Donna Raphael, director of youth services and community relations, Family and Children’s Association
- Eric Scott, grounds keeper, Hewlett-Woodmere UFSD
- Steven Skrynecki, chief of department, Nassau County Police Department
- Deborah Coates, district clerk, Nassau BOCES
- Plaza Theatrical Productions, Inc., Kevin Harrington, president/producer
- Amanda Aronoff, Senior, John F. Kennedy High School, Bellmore-Merrick CHSD
- April Francis, lead social studies teacher, Lawrence Road Middle School, Uniondale UFSD
- Casimir J. Rappa, retired instructor, Nassau BOCES Adult Education
Visit www.nassauboces.org/educationpartner for information about the awards, including profiles of prior-year honorees.