The Barclays, a PGA Tour FedExCup Tournament,was held at Bethpage Black Golf Course last August. The PGA Tour just released approximately $50,000 from this event to Farmingdale Village, and after careful review, the village has designated this money to select organizations, to support the families and children in need within our local community. These funds will be distributed locally to five charities, including:
- $25,000 to Farmingdale School District “Disadvantaged Children Fund”
- $6,250 to Farmingdale United Methodist Church
- $6,250 to St. Kilian Parish Outreach
- $6,250 to Farmingdale Community Summit “Families in Need Fund”
- $6,250 to Society of St. Vincent de Paul
“It was great working with the Farmingdale community, one of the best host communities in
the country,” said Peter Mele, PGA Tour director.
“We enjoyed the entire event and Farmingdale Village is happy to announce that funds
from The Barclays PGA Tour will help those in need in our local community. It’s great
news for the village, and we look forward to the return of the Barclays PGA Tour, in
2021 and 2027,” said Mayor Ralph Ekstrand.
For more information, visit www.farmingdalevillage.com.