In case you didn’t already know, Friday, May 13, is National Crouton Day, and to celebrate this underrated food holiday, The Cheesecake Factory has transformed its iconic and fan-favorite Brown Bread into a crouton recipe to make at home.
It is so delicious that no salad will ever be the same without these crouton. All you need is a few simple ingredients (including the brown bread of course), and you’ll never want to go back to store-bought croutons again.
- 1 Cheesecake Factory At Home Famous “Brown Bread” mini baguette
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2” – 3/4” cubes and place into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the bread cubes and down around the sides of the bowl.
- Season with salt and gently toss to incorporate.
- Place the bread cubes evenly onto a baking sheet (single layer) and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven (5 mins.). Remove from the oven, stir, and continue to cook until crispy (5 mins.).
- Remove from the oven and transfer back into the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly on top and toss to incorporate. Transfer back onto the baking sheet and set aside to allow to cool. Once cooled, store at room temperature until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
You can pick up The Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread at any of its restaurant locations (Huntington Station and Westbury) or find it in the bakery aisle of most major grocery retailers.
Visit The Cheesecake Factory website for more delicious recipes.