The U.S. Navy Blue Angels return to headline the 2016 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach on Saturday, May 28, and Sunday, May 29, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. NY State Parks officials are expecting to draw more attendees than ever; with one its biggest and best lineups.
The 2016 show will not only feature three jet teams for the first time, but will offer a first look at the F-35 Lightning Stealth Fighter, a new Navy jet with a top speed of more than 1,220 mph—the jet responsible for the sonic booms heard in January throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
The full lineup of military and civilian performers includes:
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
- Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds
- Breitling Performance Jet Team
- F-35 Lightning II Stealth Fighter
- F-35, F-16 and Warbird Heritage Flight
- Sean D. Tucker—Team Oracle
- Matt Chapman
- GEICO Skytypers
- American Airpower Warbirds
- David Windmiller
- SUNY Farmingdale Aviation
- Screaming Sasquatch Jet Waco Aerobatic Team
The event is free of charge, but a standard $10 vehicle fee is collected at Jones Beach State Park. Visit www.bethpageairshow.com or call 516-785-1600 for details.