While Wolfgang Puck may be catering to the stars the night of the Oscars, Food Network chef and restaurateur Geoffrey Zakarian is here to take care of your Oscar party. Offering up his Point Royal Restaurant Cocktail Tommy’s Margarita and a pizza margherita, you’ll be rooting for your favorite film while dining in style.
Tequila 100% agave 2 oz
House-made Agave Syrup 0.75 oz
Fresh lime juice 1.25 oz
1. Measure all ingredients into a shaker. Add ice and shake well.
2. Strain over fresh ice into glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Pizza Margherita with Olives and Arugula
Serves 4 as an appetizer portion
1 cup canned San Marzano tomatoes with juice, crushed by hand
3 garlic cloves
5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1 lb. ball fresh pizza dough
6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
10 fresh basil leaves
4 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
½ cup pitted and halved Niçoise olives
¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F with a pizza stone (or a flat baking sheet) on the bottom rack. In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, garlic, and two tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt. Let marinate at room temperature while the oven heats.
2. On a floured countertop, press and toss the dough into a 12- to 13-inch round. Put a piece of parchment paper on a pizza peel or flat sheet pan. Place the round of dough on the parchment paper.
3. Remove the garlic from the tomato sauce and spread the sauce on the pizza, leaving a 1-inch space around the crust. Top with the sliced cheese and roughly tear and scatter the basil on top. Drizzle with one tablespoon of the oil. Slide onto the heated stone and bake until the crust is golden and the cheese melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
4. While the pizza bakes, in a large bowl, toss together the arugula, olives, and onion. Drizzle with the lemon juice and remaining two tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
5. When the pizza is out of the oven, let it sit for 1 minute and then cut into 8 slices. Top with the salad and serve.