Last night, the Press Club of Long Island honored hundreds of the best journalists on Long Island at their annual media awards dinner at Woodbury Country Club. Anton Media Group proudly took home six awards for exceptional writing and design.
• Best Newspaper Front Page, 1st place — Oscar Buzz by Barbara Barnett — Long Island Weekly
• Best Magazine, 3rd place — Boulevard
• Best Entertainment Narrative, 3rd place — “Julie Halston Brings Long Island Expertise To Broadway Stage” by Kimberly Dijkstra — Long Island Weekly
• Best Visual Illustration, 3rd place — Coney Island by Peter Max cover — Long Island Weekly
• Best Visual Infographic, 3rd place — “Hidden Gems: Local Leaders Share Their Favorite Gold Coast Treasures” by Alex Nuñez (design) — Gold Coast Magazine
• Best Science/Technology Narrative, 3rd place — “Museum Continues to Wow Curious Science Minds” by Christy Hinko — Port Washington News
The Press Club of Long Island is a professional chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists devoted to protecting and advocating for First Amendment rights, furthering ethical standards and providing ongoing training for members.