Here’s a list of fireworks shows and parades taking place all across Long Island to help you celebrate the 4th of July near you. Enjoy the day, America!
- The Long Island Ducks host the Camden Riversharks at 7 p.m. on July 4, followed by a fireworks show after the game at Bethpage Park. 3 Court House Dr., Central Islip. Tickets start at about $10. www.liducks.com
- The Park at East Hills in Roslyn Heights will be having fireworks at 9:15 p.m., on July 5. A variety of food will be available at the Great Lawn starting at 5:30, and the band Stages will perform before the fireworks. Free. (Pushed back to July 5 because of weather.) www.villageofeasthills.org/
- The Southampton Annual American Picnic has games for kids, food carts with popcorn, ice cream, hot dogs and other delights. Fireworks over Shinnecock Bay at sundown, sponsored by Grucci. 1030 Meadow Lane, Southampton. 6:30-9:30 p.m., July 4. Free. (Pushed back to July 6 because of weather.) www.sfah.org/american-picnic.html
- Stars Over Montauk July 4th Fireworks sponsored by the Montauk Chamber of Commerce. Can be viewed by any town beach near Umbrella Beach. Free. July 4, 9 p.m. Rain date July 5, 9 p.m. www.montaukchamber.com/
- City of Glen Cove: A concert by the Northwinds Symphonic Band at 7:30 p.m. at Morgan Memorial Park. Fireworks begin at approximately 9 p.m. Fireworks provided by Grucci Fireworks. Free. www.glencove-li.us/
- Bald Hill Fireworks Extravaganza: Captain Jack, a Billy Joel cover band will perform at 5:30 p.m. followed by UNcovered, a cover band that rearranges classics before the fireworks. At the Pennysaver Amphitheater, 55 South Bicycle Path, Farmingville. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m., July 4. Free. http://pennysaveramp.com/
- In Southold, the 17th annual 4th of July Parade will take place starting at noon, from Main Road, Boisseau Avenue to Tuckers Lane, Southold. Free. www.northforkchamberofcommerce.org/
- In Port Jefferson, the Port Jefferson Fire Department will have their parade beginning at 10 a.m on July 4 on Main St. and ending at Barnum Ave. Free. (Fireworks pushed back to July 5 because of weather.) http://www.portjeff.com/
- The Incorporated Village of Valley Stream will be hosting its 22 nd Annual July 4 fireworks show. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. at Fireman’s Memorial Field on E. Fenimore St. and Albermarle Ave. Tickets are needed to enter the event and are $7 in advance and $10 at the gate. Seating can be provided by the bleachers in the park and/or blankets that guests bring. Restrictions include but are not limited to alcoholic beverages, knapsacks, bags, coolers, baby bags, backpacks, strollers and folding chairs. All handbags are subject to search. Tickets are on sale at the Valley Stream Village Hall, Valley Stream Library or the Hendrickson Pool Complex. Parking is also available at the Hendrickson Pool Complex that includes free transportation to the fireworks show. For more information, please call 516-872-6003. Music provided by Uppercut. In the case of inclement weather, fireworks and festivities at Fireman’s Field will be postponed until July 5.To confirm postponement, please call the Valley Stream Parks Department at 516-825-4121. http://www.vsvny.org/
There are many more celebrations going on all across Long Island, so enjoy the 238th birthday, America.